Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dreams...

                   I still remember when I was 9, I wished for something big and great. It was a laptop. Any model or kind would do, although the new and better ones were what I really preferred... Now I'm in high school, I still don't have one. See? Dreams are meant to be crushed, burned, and buried under the unforgiving soil of depression. I'm just kidding! They aren't. Dreams are great! They give you hope and things to look forward to.
                   There are dreams that are rejected. Most people handle rejection like its the end of the world. They would start to think about depressing stuff like, "I'm such a failure" or "I can't do anything right" or "I'm a disgrace to my family name" (see what I did there...) or other depressing ideas that randomly pop in your mind out of no where. Don't think like that. It is not true. If someone tells that to you, don't take it seriously to the extend of starting suicidal thoughts. Don't ignore them either. They are a sign.
                   You see, you're supposed to work hard to reach your dreams. If you don't work hard, then the result is obvious. You'll get rejected. An example, me. I said I wanted a laptop. I was supposed to earn money to be able to buy one, but I didn't. The result... no laptop. Work hard and you'll get to it.
                    Dreams being rejected is natural and everyone has experienced it, but only a few people react to it the right way. Most people reacts to them violently, depressingly, and any other negative reaction you can figure out. I'm not saying you can't be sad about it. I'm saying you should think more positively. You have a life to live for crying out loud! Hiding in the corner of the room while mourning(not morning) about your loss isn't going to help. If your excuse is "it was my one last chance", that is still not a reason for you to be all negative about it. It just means either you're not working hard enough or it wasn't what you were meant for. Who knows, they might give you another chance. If not, there are plenty of possibilities out there. You just have to look for it. You know what they say, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
                     Remember, just because one dream of yours is rejected, doesn't mean you should give up. You should fight for it(unless its something bad)! You should know how to handle rejection if you are faced with one. Never give up (well,duh). And... If you have read until this part of my blog, I will tell you a few of my embarrassing dreams, but I would write it in this kind of form to prevent other people from peeking or something like that. One, I plan to make a youtube channel. Two, I (still) want to have a laptop. Three, I want to go to Las Vegas and stay there for a few months and come back to the Philippines and speak like I've never spoken with my native tongue before, therefore making people think I'm an American that is learning to speak filipino, but I'm not. Fourth, to make people smile and be happy (It may sound cheesy, but its true... Its cheesy to say that is why its embarrassing.).

Well, hopefully this would make up the two weeks of no sign of where I was on the internet, but I update in twitter...
If you want to see updates just follow me on twitter because that's where I'm usually active.
That's it for today, this is M.I.G. signing off to another great day :)
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions of things you want me to talk about below...
Thank you :D


No comments:

Post a Comment